Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress: Sims Edition (Please Vote!)

(thank you AvealM AKA Skye Everard for the Floral Table Lamp, and thank youShavonne1990 for the Traditional Ribbons Hairstyle! I'll be sure to gift you guys back as soon as I get some Simpoints...)
When I woke up, Mark was already out of bed, and the babies were wailing in the other room. I sighed, rolling out of bed with droopy eyes. I walked to the mirror slowly and almost fell over- my hair! Its ORANGE!  I studied myself and decided that it could be worked with, so I got out a pair of scissors and chopped my hair until it looked right. Afterwards I dug into the bottom of my dresser  until I pulled out these really cute overalls that could also be used as maternity wear. I sighed to myself, and prepared to do something I've been dreading to do since last year- pull out the Christmas decorations.
 I started with the Christmas tree. Yes, I have a fake tree- i'm not proud of it, but all the good trees were already taken, so I just hauled this one down from the attic. Seeing as the only other members of the household were infants, Soda, Mark and I were the only ones decorating, but it didn't turn out half bad. I stuffed some of the gifts I already had wrapped under it and cranked up the Christmas carols. I spent another 5 minutes mentally preparing myself for what came next.
 You see, a few years ago my older (now deceased) brother gave me this giant snowglobe for the front yard. I used to hate putting it up, but out of respect for him I pull it out of one of the cardboard boxes Soda pulled downstairs for me and blew it up. Since I didn't have an air pump, I was stuck doing it manually- or, to be more specific, with my mouth. It was horrible- I got light headed and dizzy after the first few blows. I eventually got it up, but it was NOT easy, and even when I recruited the help of Mark and Soda it took us at least an hour to do.
 When I finally finished hanging the garland and baking fruit cakes, I turned up the Christmas carols a little higher than before and studied the tree. I hung a few wreaths on the wall and front door, made some hot chocolate and lit a fire in the fireplace. Before I knew it I was half asleep on the sofa when out of nowhere my phone starting ringing. I glanced at the caller idea and was thrilled to see it was the amazing Calista Smith!
Violet: Calista! Hi! Long time no see, eh?
Calista: You're telling me! So, great news, Violet!
Violet: What? What is it?
Calista: To celebrate your marriage, Amber, Hadley and I are all coming over! AND, to make things even better, tomorrow I'm taking you, Amber, Hadley, Skye and Destiny all dress shopping for the wedding!
Violet: Really? This is awesome! I can't wait!
Calista: We'll be over before you know it!
 And she wasn't lying- it was literally under 5 minutes before Calista showed up with the other ladies.
Violet: Hey Calista! I'm so happy to see you! You look great!
Calista: As do you, my friend! Shall we go inside?
Violet: We shall!
 Once inside, I greeted the other moms one by one. I started with Hadley.
Me: Hadley! I'm a huge fan of your challenge- it's great to finally meet you! I can't believe you're finished- it seems like just yesterday you were hanging with those vampires from the brotherhood!
Hadley: Oh, I know! But at the same time, it feels good to be done, and have Mason all to myself!
We both laughed before I moved on to Amber.
 Me: Hi Amber! Its great to finally meet Amber Lights in person. I'm a huge fan.
Amber: Wow, thanks! 
Me: I can't believe you're done, too! 
Amber: Yeah, I can't believe it either. No more kids in the house, its just James and I... I could get used to it, though!
 Lastly, I talked to Calista, who was making herself at home, comfortably sitting in the kitchen area with a coffee.
Me: Umm.. hi, Calista! Great too see your making yourself comfortable..
Calista: *slurp* Mmm? Oh, yeah! Your coffee maker sure makes a good drink.
Me: *Laughing* Well, your definitely coming along in your challenge! Already on baby 70! Your doing really well!
Calista: Yeah, its a big milestone for me. Violet, have you ever thought about getting a pet for your kids? Like Bambi or Midnight?
Me: I'm glad you brought it up, because for Christmas, i'm getting the kids a HUGE surprise... i'm getting them a dog! I already bought it. I'm planning to pick it up on Christmas Eve..
Calista: WOW! Thats great! You'll definitely have to show me it when you get it.
 Eventually Hadley grabbed some coffee and joined our conversation.
Me: Hey, its a shame Skye and Destiny couldn't make it..
Calista: I agree.. hey, wheres Amber?
 So after shouting for Amber for lord knows how long she finally came downstairs and joined us.
Me: Well look who showed up! Its miss Lights!
 Eventually, the ladies had to leave, but I couldn't help cheering- I was so happy to have met them!
 Amber: Wow, Violet. Thanks for having us- we had a great time. Next time you've gotta introduce us to the kids!
Me: Will do, Amber. See you around!
 After they left I went upstairs to tend to the babies.
Me: Hi, Cherry! Do you want to age up? Huh? Yes, you want too? Well, okay!
 Cherry is adorable- I can't tell if she got her black hair from my side or from Hadley's side, but i'm pretty sure she favors my features. Shame, I was really hoping for a baby that looked like Hadley..
 Darry also favored my features, although I don't know who's hair.
 Yay! I baby who looks like Hadley! Marcia is a spitting image of her. I can't wait to see them as kids.
 So, the next morning, I fed the triplets before piling in the car with Skye, Amber, Destiny, Calista, Hadley and Soda to go pick out a wedding dress. As we left, I couldn't help but think to myself about how interesting this experience would be..
 The first dress they shoved me into didn't even look like a wedding dress, and showed way to much boobage.
Calista: Is THAT actually a wedding gown?
 The second dress.. well.. no comment.
 The third dress I tried on was beautiful- I loved it!
Calista: Wow, Violet. You look AMAZING.
Amber: I must agree. Gorgeous.
Destiny: Ditto!
Skye: Very nice, Violet.
Hadley: You look GREAT!
 The fourth was beautiful too, and everybody agreed. And that's why I need YOUR votes- dress number 3 or dress number 4? You decide what  Violet wears on her wedding day! Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. I like dress number 3!!!

    It was great seeing Calista and the other challenge mothers. :)

    ~Catlover800 aka Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 3. 4 looks, weird. And also, I loved seeing all the Moms together. It was lovely.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 for dress no. 3
    1 for dress no. 4
    I think we have a winner! Thanks for your feedback! Skye, i'm really sorry that i couldn't have you in this post. you'll definitely be at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment!